You can have a large effect on your productivity and workflow by using one of the best code editors. Whether you’re new to the programming world or have been coding for years, an amazing code editor will be needed to assist you to perform your magic.
Here is the list containing the best code editors of 2020 that will help you write a highly optimized code.
- Sublime Text 3
- Visual Studio Code
- QuickEdit Text Editor – Writer and Code Editor
- Quoda Code Editor
BEST CODE EDITORS FOR WINDOWS AND MAC (Free and Paid)
Sublime Text 3 (Text / Code Editor) Mac & Windows
Sublime Text is a proprietary cross-platform source code editor with a programming interface for Python applications. It supports many programming languages and markup languages natively, and users with plugins can add features that are typically community-built and maintained under free software licenses.
Sublime Text is a very helpful and modern-looking application for word processing that has some impressive features for professionals.
Features of Sublime Text
- Got an easy-to-use interface.
- The interface is composed of a single window with a dark grey background.
- Got a status bar that shows the line and column number, tab size as well as text format.
- It can also toggle the comments, transpose as well as include the lines before and after the selected text.
- Equipped with a search function throughout the text and for the files.
- Got a very impressive response time and does not affect the performance of your PC.
Sublime Text Technical Setup Details
Full Setup Size: 21 MB
Compatibility: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
Latest Version Release Added On: 07th Apr 2019
System Requirements For Sublime Text
Memory (RAM): 1 GB of RAM required. (Or More)
Hard Disk Space: 50 MB free space required.
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or later.
Sublime Text 3 Price: $70 (Before buying you can give it a try for free by downloading from getintopc.com)
Visual Studio Code Mac & Windows
Visual Studio Code is Microsoft’s built-in development environment. It is used for the development of computer programs and websites, web applications, web services, and mobile applications
Visual Studio Code 2019 is an application that is very easy to use and it doesn’t matter if you’re new to coding or an expert, it will streamline your experience so you can get right down to the focused work. The startup window of Visual Studio Code 2019 has a totally fresh look.
Features of Visual Studio Code 2019
- A sophisticated embedded development environment with all the features you need to create innovative applications.
- It can be used for console applications, software applications, and graphical user interfaces to build projects.
- Has got a totally fresh startup window look.
Equipped with Live Share function that has improved the collaboration between developers.
- Bugs can be easily solved with the assistance of an integrated debugger that can be used as a source-level as well as a machine level.
- Better Search is another new function dedicated to the developer’s productivity.
- The new search can search for all that contains menus, commands, options, project codes, and components that can be installed.
- Can begin developing applications from scratch or modify current applications as well.
Visual Studio Code 2019 Technical Setup Details
Software Full Name: Visual Studio Code 2019
Hard disk storage: Minimum available Space of 800 MB up to 210 GB.
1.8 GHz or faster processor.
Latest Version Release Added On: 05th Apr 2019
System Requirements For Visual Studio Code 2019
Memory (RAM): 2 GB of RAM; 8 GB of RAM recommended (2.5 GB minimum if running on a virtual machine)
Hard disk space: 22 GB of necessary free space.
Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or later.
Microsoft Visual Studio Code Price: Free
Atom (Text / Code Editor) Mac & Windows
Atom is a free, open-source text and source code editor for Windows macOS, Linux, and Microsoft with plug-in assistance created in Node.js and Git Control integrated created by GitHub.
With four user interface and syntax themes, Atom Text Editor is integrated and you can add more themes by downloading them from the Atom community or building your own.
Atom Price: Free
Brackets (Code / Text Editor) Mac & Windows
Brackets is a source code editor that focuses primarily on web development. It is free and open-source software released under the MIT license.
Brackets Price: Free
Notepad++ (Text / Code Editor) Windows
Notepad++ is a Microsoft Windows text editor and code editor. It supports tabbed editing, enabling various files to be opened in a single window.
The name of the project comes from the operator of the C increase. Notepad++ is free software distribution.
Notepad++ is an open-source project. Users can contribute in many different ways:
- Submit bug reports and feature requests
- Hand in bugfixes and patches
- Do online support
- Translate the editor
- Share plugins, themes, auto-completion files
Notepad++ Price: Free
TextMate (Text / Code Editor) Mac
TextMate is a text editor for macOS for general purposes.
TextMate includes tabs for open documents, recordable macros, shell integration, and an extensible bundle system.
TextMate Price: 48.75 EUR
BEST CODE EDITORS FOR ANDROID (Free)
QuickEdit Text Editor – Writer & Code Editor
QuickEdit Text Editor is a quick, stable, fully-functional notepad and code editor.
It has been optimized for phone and tablet usage.
QuickEdit text editor can be used for plain text files as a standard text editor or for programming documents as a code editor. It is appropriate for general as well as professional use.
Reviews Score: 4.3 (19,039 total)
Size: 4.6 MB
Dcoder, Compiler IDE :Code & Programming on mobile
Dcoder is a mobile code IDE (Mobile Compiler), where you can use mobile programming to code and learn algorithms. Using code compilation and algorithm solving, tailored to improve your coding abilities. Learn to code anywhere now.
Reviews Score: 4.4 (18,283 total)
Size: 6.5 MB
Quoda Code Editor
Quoda is an advanced yet easy-to-use source code editor or IDE with SFTP / FTP(S) server and cloud storage (Dropbox and Google Drive) embedded assistance.
Reviews Score: 3.9 (3,728 total)
Size: 8.5 MB